What is Proforma Invoice?
Proforma invoice is estimated invoice can give by consignor to a consignee before deliver the products and the commercial invoice. The purpose of the pre-invoice or proforma invoice is confirmation of seller, that the product prices are as under definite terms and conditions which agreed by both parties.
Overview to proforma invoice
Actually, a proforma invoice is prepares like invoice form, mostly its provided by a supplier before to provision of the products, which may contain the value of the products. Naturally, proforma invoice is similar to the sales quotation and sales invoices, but it will be preparing and send to customers on different time as well as design, purpose, and contents are little different.
The purpose of the proforma invoice is to provide detailed information to customers. Its acknowledgement or confirmation to the customers for the products are ready to shipment and all the terms are describing as proforma invoices. Actually, the proforma invoice is confirmation of the suppliers, that may include the all the product details, cost of product, shipping details, taxes and levies, and other related details which are agreed by both parties at the time of sales contracts approvals.
Blank proforma invoice template for excel sheet
This proforma invoice template is contains the comprehensively invoicing type of information such as consignee details, product descriptions, product quantity, individual unit price, total amount including taxes and payment related information. This kind of proforma invoice format may useful for big as well small businesses, because all the require features and information are in this template. The benefit of use this template is simple design, customization layout, easy to use and modification as your business standards.
Excel Proforma Invoice Business Template
This is one of the simple proforma invoice business template used for provides a detailed information to customers before sale the products. The template is made in excel which is best operating and easier application. Generally, any computer operator knows this application. Hence it will be cost free deal for any small scale business. In this template all the require features, information, tax details, etc. information are available. So small and big businesses, as well as retail businesses can also use without any trouble.
Business Proforma invoice template (Word | Excel | PDF)
This is one of the best estimation proforma invoice widely use in engineering units. Where every project or product may Slightly change or customized from other. Like that type of cases needs to provide actual payable amount to supplier, hence customers are asking the net payable. This is one of the best suitable template can help to manage this kind of customization.
Proforma invoice commercial template – PDF Download
Well detailed proforma invoice is always appreciated by customers. The details may be useful for customer to arrangement of the products, financial and end application requirements. Accurate and complete details will enable to customer for further internal arrangement. This is sample proforma invoice which having all the details are mostly customers are expecting from suppliers. You can use this template for provide detailed information to your customers. Download this template, modify as your business needs.
How to create proforma invoice?
Generally, proforma invoice and common commercial invoices are definitely looks similar hence there is always a misunderstanding. But there are so many things that making its different, such as time of preparation and sending, proforma invoice is gives an actual net payable hence commercial invoice claim the actual net payable. You can’t pay taxes, custom clearance as well other government related communication with proforma invoice, but with commercial invoice you can. But proforma invoice is very important steps for confirm the deal with of both parties. Hence it is really needs to provides such information to customers before the product selling. So, let’s see:
Step by step guide – how to create proforma invoice.
- The first step of the preparation of proforma invoice is making a header with big fonts, write there “Proforma invoice” to easier for reader to identify document. You can also include their internal standard document reference number, format number etc. Your business logo and business should be make with sufficient space and design. If you are using company letterhead, then it is not necessary to include business logo and name.
- The second most important part is common numbering and tracking codes such as invoice number, date, reference numbers and date. This part is most important for the track the each proforma invoice hence it should be in sequence.
- Part of the proforma invoice in here, you can display consignee and consignor’s details, such as contact information, mailing address, telephone and direct contact person name and number, emails, website, country etc.
- In this phase of the proforma invoice, you can include general information, such as transportation details, currency communication, terms of sales, banking details, tax numbers and compliance details, artificial banking details etc.
- The most important part of the proforma invoice is “product details”. The part of the invoice contains the product and related information such as Product name, HSC codes, quantity, number of pieces, description of product, unit price (CIF/FOB/etc.), total amount, etc. Plus, net payable, freight charges, and insurance.
- Some additional details such as country of origin, port of embarkation and discharge, reason for export etc. information are necessary with foreign trade.