A training checklist is specific design document may contain learning information of all the training courses with potential skills which require to perform particular job or activity. Most of the companies are using this checklist to develop employee’s skills and competence their job. This checklist can also use when any management change, technical upgrade, new technology or system installations are occurring.
Basically, the checklist may use for the orientation programs, employee skill development, updates and train the peoples to competence their jobs. Normally, the checklist may include the basic about company operations, policies, workplace technology, procedures, safety and utilities.
- Overview to training checklist
- What can be key objectives of the training checklist?
- Training checklist templates – Samples & Examples for Excel / Word
- Training Checklist Template
- Employee Training Checklist Template
- New Employee Training Checklist template
- How to prepare training checklist?
Overview to training checklist
Actually, creating a training checklist is not just a writing a program for train the employee, but is more than it. The training program creates a relationship between the new employee and organization. Even it is may be beneficial for the new hire employee and organization too.
This tools can help to manage and track records of all trainee, these records can be related to employee individuals, present skills, qualifications. Normally, checklist serves as initial program for all employee training. Generally, in organization it is obvious that the new technology or systems are introduce by management. To update each related employee is very important. The training checklist is suitable tool for this purpose. Everyone should know the current work standards, technical and changes within organization.
What can be key objectives of the training checklist?
It is obvious that each training programs’ initial objective can be provide sufficient educate to each employee to easier for perform their tasks effectively. Even there may be so many other goals that every business expecting comply with maximum efforts. Here as below some of the key objectives of the training checklist:
- Provide training to new employees to their jobs, orientation program is initial stage of the training program, even it is necessary for each new hire.
- To makes Improve the performance of each employee to their job more effectively.
- The training may help to update each employee with new technology up-gradations, new system update, and new machinery and equipment installation within organization.
- It is also important to acknowledge the safety requirements, learn use of personal protective equipment and other precaution during operations to reduce accident to each employee.
- Some regular operations such as handling materials, use of chemical in processes, and managing their safety during operations is much important.
There may be so many objectives that can require to prepare checklist to provide sufficient education to each employee within the organization. Hence, let’s see how to prepare training checklist.
Training checklist templates – Samples & Examples for Excel / Word
Here are bunch of ready made templates that may helpful for the training program. This template is very easy to use, as well for customization. Normally, each checklist can be different for each business, even can different as initially needs. That is the reason, the instant template can be helpful to cover up all the requirements, and educate the employee as their job’s requirements.
Training Checklist Template
Creating an employee checklist can be simple if you have sufficient information and platform makes your works easier. Normally, improvement the performance of your employees can be initial goal of the checklist. hence, you have to include the information which may target the requirements of their job. This ready made template may help in this regard. The template may include all the require tracking program such as company introduction, about job, health & safety related information etc.
Employee Training Checklist Template
This is unique employee training checklist may contain all the training program details to perform improvement for individual employee. Normally, human resources team is arranging the training programs for new even for existing employees. It can be arranging on after verification of the gap or any major changes with requirement within the organization.
New Employee Training Checklist template
This is the unique template can also use for the new employee orientation training for new hire employees. Normally, for the new hire employee are test with their current skills and their experiences. later on, human resources department will be identifying the gap between the current and require skills for particular job. To bridge these gap, training checklist use to improve these skills & performance.
How to prepare training checklist?
When you are going to prepare employee training checklist, you have to focus on the major requirements of training. It may be due to competence gap, new schedule, or any other change. Normally, more intensive effort and concentrations it helps to make effective checklist.
Some points that may help to prepare the training checklist:
- Identify the requirement of training, mean why requirement of training is raise? Generally, the requirements can be of plan change, skills / competence gap, new technology or machinery installation or system implementation are major reasons.
- List of the name of trainee, it may from different department and from different functions. filter these list skill wise peoples for arrangement of training.
- Prepare the plan for functions or skills wise.
- Make the training program’s points, arrange it in order to easier for learn. Try to make it with simple language, even try to include examples in it.
- Do not include too much point in single training period. If the training session is limited, it is best way to prioritize the training subjects. Later on in second training section, remains can be arrange accordingly.
- Include the feedback section in the checklist. Trainee’s feedback is much important. Collect this information for improve the training program quality.
Arrangement & implementation of training program is necessary part of any business. Most of the businesses are now arranging training program to develop employee skills more frequent. Normally, when you are making training checklist, you have to remember two things are below:
(1) Contents of training program
(2) Training period
As on conclusion, so many things that may help to increase the potentiality of the training programs. You can add some examples to explain any objective during the training programs. Normally, some instant examples can include at in checklist is good idea. Including examples, graphic presentations, audit and visual training can improve the quality of overall training program.