Internal audit checklist is key document for internal audit. The purpose of these audit checklist is to establish whether the company is complying with Company requirements and particular standards, in intent or in practice. Generally, intent of the internal audit is to ensure that the processes, objectives and targets are managed and achieved as per defined goals. Internal audit is one of the process that certify whether the activities and the related results comply with planned arrangements and to determine the effectiveness of the quality management and environment, health and safety system as well.
Why internal audit checklist?
Internal audit checklist is best option for any organization to identify weaknesses of part of processes in organization. These document is make the audit simple and state for auditors, hence it is obviously make popular in now days. The internal audit process is continual improvement process, and conducts on every quarter or half year. So, it is important for any auditor to make the standard document which through auditor can audit in full scope with minimum effort. Internal audit checklist provides the facility to do it same. And that is why it is important for each organization of internal audit process.
Internal audit checklist template
As you can see above picture of internal audit checklist for the food manufacturing organization. The picture describes that the how food manufacturing management use the internal audit checklist for audit its internal system. Here as above two main departments are we can show, first if incoming raw materials and second is raw material milk reception. It is obvious that the template indicate that the above picture is for milk processing unit. The internal audit team can use this type of simple checklist template to identify non-conformity in processing units.
Internal audit checklist for ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 (EHS) sample format
Above checklist is covered the standard requirements of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 which are Environment, health and safety system. You can use this format to identify non-conformity where all the require clauses, checklist points, activities and areas, and require documents are available with checklist. This checklist will make your work easy where all the details are in single format.
ISO 9001 internal audit checklist sample template
Internal audit checklist – ISO 9001 – Sample formats and templates
Internal quality audit checklist – example template
Implementation of ISO 9001 for manufacturing units is being necessary in today’s world. Because most of customers are expecting the supplier’s documentation system, manufacturing facilities, products and services are complying international standards to ensure the products and services they are using is reliable and complying requirements of its requirements. Hence the manufacturing units are using the ISO 9001 and its audits are conduct on standard frequency. ISO 9001 internal audit checklist is one of the best option to cover all the clause wise requirements. You can check above image for ISO 9001 – Internal audit checklist describes the values of clauses and its points which will help you to audit in your facility.
Internal audit finding follow-up checklist sample template
Conducting audit is important and it is also important to frequently follow-up for compliance on raised nonconformity from audit. In internal audit, when auditor identify nonconformity, it is necessary for auditor to track each nonconformity and can ask to department for compliance in time limit. The process of internal audit finding follow-up is method that helps to auditor for follow-up each identified non-conformity in process.
Internal audit checklist – ISO 9001 – document control – sample template
Internal quality audit checklist sample template
Internal system audit checklist template
Internal system audit is little different things in internal management system. it will target the system related issues, its reviews and verification methods. These type of checklist are mostly used for it systems and equipment management system where soft and hard system processes, its related waste management and configuration system is targets.
ISO 9001 internal audit checklist format
Sample internal audit checklist template
Guidelines for Making a Checklist
- Focus on points which are more important, generally, previously identified places where non-conformity are found are prioritize on checklist.
- Point to point details are more precious than whole description of subject, try to make it simple.
- Details of checklist should only cover information are in scope of audit.
- Try to make checklist objective based, it will help to achieve the real focused improvement.
- Keep in mind during prepare of checklist point, all the required standards and applicable clauses must have covered in it.
- Discuss all the points with Department personnel and Auditors, and add, modify or improve accordingly in checklist. Check the condition of floor if any doubt.
- Audit is for finding true, not for humiliates to someone. Never target someone or any particular process.
How to use internal audit checklist?
- Follow each point described in checklist with physical evidence at the floor level of the production or process area.
- Verify the condition of the process / floor level of production facility with checklist point, if any non-conformity identify, remark it in observation note.
- Use the observation column for note as observed at process area.
- Describe the evidences in brief or reference number of attached / related document mention in checklist.
- Follow the checklist points to remember objective of the audit. All the points in checklist will helps to complete the audit successfully.