New employee orientation checklist can be utilizing for development, productivity of employee, and establish employee’s successful relationship with organization in the future. It may helpful for define performance expectations for both employees and management. This checklist is one of the important tool of employee orientation program.
The document covered all the topics that required for educate newly hired employee orientation. Actually, employee orientation also called induction training to employee to acknowledge about company policy, working environment, procedures etc. This is very important training for employee and employer to make the long relationship each other. And it is also important for employee for improve the productivity, skills and knowledge, and ability that required for works in safe manner.
Employee orientation checklist template for excel
This is one of the best template that help you to organize new join employee orientation. Simply the template contains the basic information such as employee name, date of hired or transfer to another department, department name, position and name of supervisor. In this template having a unique feature like:
- General Information: In this field you have to provide details which are common for the organization. such as tour of the facility, copy of job description, office access codes and key, details of parking, individual lockers detail which will use by new employee in future.
- Daily Schedule: Employee will get inform about its daily working hours, details of shift and other details of time rest like lunch and break periods.
- Job specific safety training: In some particular works needs a special attention to maintain safety in workplace. Hence new hired employee must get inform and proper training about job and detailed information for the maintain safety. It may include safety device training, demonstration of safe way to do the job, safe job procedures and job specific hazards, reporting unsafe equipment or conditions to concern authority.
- Safety procedures: Safety is important part of job for any employee to maintain safety in workplace. When the organization having a multiple machinery and equipment and working with heavy equipment may increase the safety challenges. Hence every employee should be proper trained with related works safety. As well general safety requirements such as emergency evacuation, personal protective equipment use, lockout and tag out procedures, and handling storage and disposal of hazardous materials.
New Employee orientation checklist template for excel
About new employee orientation checklist
An employee orientation checklist provides you with the detailed information that explain the points to be covered. You can verify the description and whether the orientation training has been completed or not. This template will help to cover all possible areas that needs to train to new hired employee. There are some major points that needs to be covered in new employee orientation checklist are as below:
- At the initial stage of the checklist, auditor check out the complete application for the employment.
- In the phase of this phase of checklist, train the employee and review of employee knowledge for related procedures and practices. Generally, review of employee includes company history and product related information. What knows employee about quality policy, environmental policy, internal standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OSHA. During the training, officer gives the training about payroll, holidays, shift details, personal protective equipment use, safety, job duties, work environment, etc. and same the reviews are conducts.
- At this part of the checklist needs to review operational controls such as safe handling of materials, waste and hazardous materials handling and storage, electrical use, solid waste removal etc.
- The part of this new employee orientation checklist, faculty gives the training for safety procedures. Such as how to response in emergency and evacuate, machine guarding, lock out and tag out process, investigation of accident, hearing conservation program etc.
- This checklist helps to train the new hired employee for product quality and works quality improvement. And the how to establish and maintain standardized work of each task.
This checklist also includes the core training such as production related paperwork which is concern new hired employee. In case organization having a specific internal system such as 5S, Lean manufacturing, MFCA etc., can possible to include.
How to implement employee orientation checklist?
- When you are conducting employee orientation checklist, the first step you should take on priority is, provide basic knowledge about company and its history to employee. Generally, its calls a welcome part of the orientation procedure. In this section, you have to provide company introduction such as company’s mission and vision statement, company quality & environment policy, general rules and discipline, basic product introduction, working environment etc. This information will be helpful to new employee for being familiar with company, and gives the space for build the relationship with company.
- Explain positive history of the company in orientation procedure is important. Hence you have to highlight all the details of journey of the business, challenges, market and other details which can motivate new employee for became dedicate those best performances to their jobs.
- Describe new employees about the internal needs and motivate them to take the lead. Identify best new hired employee and choose for leadership. It is extremely important that new leaders must communicate with their managers, then the better their job performance.
- Every organization have their own working environment and cultures, hence you have to explain it and introduce these new employees. It is very important to share information about working environment, culture and discipline with your new employees.