A payment receipt template is actually document can use as payment proof. When supplier get full / partial payment from customer, they may give payment receipt to a customer on selling for a product /services. The payment receipt describes that the payment was received by supplier. The receipt template is widely used in businesses to accomplish the payment procedures. This document is much helpful to accounting each customer’s pending balance as well payment dues, even helps to ensure the payment clear of any customer.
To maintain the effective records as well delivering better information, the payment receipt should must require to accomplish with accurate and effective formation. Herein bstemplates.com you download some ready-made templates that may help you as reference document to preparing your own payment receipt as your business requirements.
Actually, the payment receipt is much common and widely used document in the business environment. Either the business is retail, small scale, store, medium or larger scale business – payment receipt may part of the accounting system. Typically, the receipts are essential part where customers mostly asking to supplier against paying for goods or services.
Creating receipt with common & essential elements
The payment receipt should must include some necessary elements that makes easier to identify that the payment received by supplier. Typically, the payment receipt may contain – date, serial number, amount received, name of customer with their address, contact details, details of payment against goods or services, signature and receiver sign.
In small scale or retail store or business, you can see there may be combined the receipt with an invoice copy that serves with merge. The details of payment receipt, or common minimum elements that require to accomplish the document as below:
- Basic information should be at top of the document such as – Date and time of payment. Invoice number if any, receipt number etc.
- Details of customer name, address as well contact details.
- List of the product or services, you can also describe the unit as well related information that make clear about product / services.
- Unit prices of each product / services separately.
- In case of any discount given to customer, you can show herein.
- Payment mode, and other relevant sales information.
- Receive the payment from customer – you have to specify it is full payment of partial, even what is still pending amount.
- Signature of receiver of payment, as well approval sign. is also require to accomplish the document.
The contents, design and details of the document may be little varying from different companies and segment of industry. It’s all depends on the internal business requirements. Even the above common details should contain any payment receipt document. Hence, you can use this details to make your own payment receipt.
Standard Payment Receipt template
|Company Name & Address Here,|
ABC Street, NY 00000
* Phone: 555-555-5555 * Fax: 555-555-5555
* Email: email@example.com * Website: www.websiteaddress.com
|Receipt #:___________________||Date: ____________________________|
|Payment Received from ______________________________________ of|
Description of payment
Payment Made By:
[ ] Cash_________________
|Total Amount $____________|
Discount( %) $____________
Net Payable $____________
|Total Amount Due $ ___ _____||Amount Received $ ___ _____|
|Amount Received By: _____________________________________________________________|
|Authorized Sign. _______________________________ Date: ________________________|
Samples of Payment receipt templates
Blank Payment receipt template
Printable Payment Receipt template
Sales Payment Receipt template
How to Write a Payment Receipt
Whenever you are going to write a payment receipt, some things that you have to keep in mind which are necessary to include in the receipt template. The receipt template is actually essential part of some business to conduct smooth payment process. It is very important for business owners to know the basics – how to writing a receipt, and what should be steps that needs to conduct.
- Create Headline. When you are start to create a receipt, first of all you have to create a headline for your format. Start write proper heading of your receipt such as “Payment Receipt”
- Choose Proper Template. There are you have multiple choice for creating a template, you can select any template available online or create it your own. Even you have to note that, the template must be suitable for your business contents.
- Setup the contents of template. Setting up your template as suitable for your business is necessary step. Either you can adopt ready-made template or make by your own, you have to must do some necessary changes that fit your contents’ requirements.
- Input necessary details. Now, the template is to fill out all the necessary information as you made transaction with your customer. Describe the details carefully in the format. Even review after complete all the details to ensure there is nothing miss.
- Leave Space for signatory. There are couple of signatures may require to make the document formal. There may be customer, creator and approval authority signature is necessary.
- Backup of document. First of all, you have to create any specific folder for backup where you feel the data will be secure. Even you have to also provide copy to your customer.
There are actually multiple benefits for using the payment receipt for business purpose. Very first thing is, you can build good customer trust to provide accurate payment receipt at a time. Even more, the receipt can also helpful for any contract or agreement proof. Most of the businesses are using the payment receipt to records the accounting, as well maintain the customer’s payment history as well. It may also helpful for the tracking individual customer’s payment details.